My hop, skip and leap across the Atlantic, and all the crazy that comes with it!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The times, they are a changin'...

Changing faster than I can keep up right now, and I'm the one instigating most of the changes! I am not moving out of my sublet (the monetary gain is not greater than potential emotional loss - packing myself up three times in as many weeks is stressing me out far more than a couple hundred dollars at this point), and, uh...actually, that's the only thing that's changed since yesterday.
John purchased my plane ticket today, so happy 25th birthday to him! I suppose he does get as much out of it as I do :D
I've been struggling with conflicting attitudes about this move - I alternate between being overjoyed that I am taking steps to do something major and life-changing (goodness knows it's been a while since I really shook things up), and wanting to throw up. Mostly I get overwhelmed at the thought of packing up my possessions, like, what if I give away this set of books and then decide in six months that I really wanted those trade paperbacks that I bought second-hand and read once? And this paper, it's so cool, I don't want to leave that behind! And this chili-pepper tin that I keep my pens in, I've had that since high school! I am shamelessly attached to my 'stuff', and that is what has been creating a lot of emotional turmoil for me thus far. I'm also very attached to my family and the group of friends I've made at Queen's, but thus far I am in denial about being several time zones away from them. At this point, I'm more concerned about whether I should take my watercolour pencils with me, or sell them ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its ok dear!
if i can do it.. you can do it :)

OR!

we both can curse 5-6hr plane rides!

The Peach said...

Well darling, as much as I will miss you I'm also very happy for you and your internet lover (Hi, John!). And now I'm super excited that I have another blog to read at work!

Can I bring a penis-shaped cake to your goodbye party? Nothing says "I love you/good luck/I'll miss you" like a giant cock-cake. Yes?