My hop, skip and leap across the Atlantic, and all the crazy that comes with it!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

In which most of Leeds sees me laughing so hard I cry

John, his mum and I are at Ikea in Leeds on Sunday afternoon. Among other things, we're trying to find a knife block that will accomodate our massive scary chef's knife. While John and I argue over whether the hole in the knife block is more thn 5cm wide, having lost the convenient paper tape measure, John's mum, a midwife, just picks up the display model, spreads her fingers, and deadpans, "No, only about four and a half."
I was a little slow on the uptake, but apparently the look on my face when I figured it out was priceless.

(She was spot-on.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, ikea. oh, dani. oh, midwifery humour.
i am sending you a surprise. (it has nothing to do with midwifery or ikea. just you.)

Carol said...

Nothing like practical knowledge....