My hop, skip and leap across the Atlantic, and all the crazy that comes with it!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Hometown Goodbyes, Part Deux

What better way to remember all of my nearest and dearest than a slightly awkward party involving family, friends from waaaay back, friends from Uni, and everyone's significant others? The party was (in my humble opinion, and I was after the guest of honour, so that's the ONLY opinion!) a success. Beer and cocktails and pop were drank, the barbecue got a workout and a half, people brought delicious foodstuffs (including tomatoes form Josh's garden - holy wow they were good), the silly present-stealing game was played, we beat the crap out of each other with foam pirate swords, and I got my ass kicked at bocce by my 85 year old grandmother. Who is blind in one eye.


The party continued after the grownups and youngun's left and it was only the twenty-somethings, and for a better description of that, you need to see the Peach, for a hilarious and only slightly embellished version. That part of the night looked something like this:

No comments: