My hop, skip and leap across the Atlantic, and all the crazy that comes with it!

Monday, August 13, 2007

The hometown goodbyes part I

Goodbye to the home stomping grounds started with a fantastic (sweaty) night in TO marked by excellent food (sushi and sashimi and tiny individual cakes oh my!) and a power outage which made Brie's fabulous (third floor) digs seem like a turkish bath. It's a good thing red wine is meant to be served unrefrigerated! The night looked like this:


(faces smeared to protect dignity)

On the Friday of the long weekend, my dad and I celebrated the third long weekend of the summer by digging out my massive pile of crap and donating an entire carload to Goodwill, pitching three bags, and storing the rest in the attic. That sure was a lovely way to spend another 'heat wave' day, but at least I got my things stored and out of my parents' way.

No comments: